Tuesday 1 January 2013

The Yarn Fever

31.12 was rainy almost the whole day, but the evening was good enough to go to the beach, set off some lanterns and celebrate the year change. It's hard to believe it's 2013 already! It seems like we came to Thailand only a short while ago, and it's already been 4 months. We're more than halfway through our trip! Yikes...


Because of our tourist visas, we have to do visa runs every two months to get another entry stamped in our visa. This time we're heading to Bali (and KL as transit) and are having a bit of a holiday after the work filled Christmas "holidays".

As the trip draws closer, I find myself drooling over Maycraft website. Just look at this abundance of... everything! It's gonna be one baffled taxi driver who gets to take me there. On our last visit to Kuala Lumpur I visited a small crafts shop which turned out to be pretty hard to find. It'll be interesting to see how many times the driver has to ask for directions this time (despite also having a map)...


So yes, what to buy? On my making list are at least Barbara Gregory's cutesy owl mittens, dropped stitch mitts from Knitscene accessories, The Groke mittens (you know, the misunderstood "bad guy" from the Moomins?). Hmmh this seems to be an awful lot of mittens... Maybe I need to buy yarn for some sock projects as well? As I really need to practice those heels! And I also need a bunch of new needles as I only have the dp 5mm and 6mm in addition to the circular 4,5mm. And some stitch markers! And and... ;) We'll see what I can fit in my backpack as I plan to by some home decor items from Ubud in Bali as well.

Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Or what do you plan to knit this year? :)

With love, Lilje

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear what you have in mind :) Onnistuu myös suomeksi / Geht auch auf Deutsch.